Samstag, 12. Mai 2012

When You Were Mine - Rebecca Serle

Title: When You Were Mine 
Author: Rebecca Serle 
Rating: 3.5/5

Rosaline and Rob have been best friends as long as they can remember. Now Rosaline has deeper feelings for Rob and when he comes back after summer and ask her for a date, she believes he feels the same way. But out of nowhere an old "enemy" appears, who happen to be Rosaline's cousin Juliet. Rob immediately seems disinterested in Rosaline and more interested in her cousin. What if she might lose his best friend over someone like Juliet?

It doesn't happen often that I like the main characters in books. At least not when they are girls. There is just always something that I don't like about them. No matter if it's their act or the way they think or whatever. Somehow, with Rosaline it was completely different. I connected with her character right from the start and until the end.

The way Rob act during the book should make you hate him, but actually you still remember how sweet and cute he used to be in the beginning and so I wasn't able to hate him the way I should have. I wanted to. I tried to. It didn't work. I didn't like him as much as in the beginning, but I also felt sorry for him (you'll come to that point when you read the book, I don't want to spoil).

Then there is Len. Gosh, I loved him from the first moment. While in real life you would be annoyed by someone who has to say something constantly and non-stop, I really enjoyed his comments and he also said some very true things (i.e. that stuff about moving on). While Rob always seemed to be best friend OR boyfriend, Len seemed to be the perfect guy for both things. I like it when I read about characters like his. Makes me smile.

Now to also mention Rosaline's friends Olivia and Charlie, they were nice. What I found really interesting was reading about the relationship between Olivia and Charlie's brother. Those scenes were so funny! They would make a good comedy thing on a big screen in the movies. Oh yes, I would like that. However, I couldn't connected with Charlie. I mean, I could, but not in the way I could with Rose. I think she was a very good best friend anyway. I like to think of friendships like that one.

I liked this book very much. Especially the characters, I was happy with all of them. Believe me, that doesn't happen too often. I had high expectations, and this book only disappointed me with the very shocking last act, so it didn't really disappoint me. Just a little bit. It's complicated as you see. I am still struggling, but I liked this book and I would recommend it to everyone who likes deep-thinking characters and nice romances and of course the good old drama.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen