Sonntag, 30. September 2012

Death And The Girl Next Door (Darklight #01) - Darynda James

Title: Death And The Girl Next Door (Darklight #01)
Author: Darynda James
Rating: 3.5/5

Thanks to St. Martin's Press via Netgallery for allowing me to read this book before the official publication.

Lorelei's parents disappeared when she was little. Ever since then she's lived with her grandparents. She learned how to deal with it. But then things at school get difficult when new student Jared arrives. Lorelei tries to get to know him a little better, but Cameron, someone who always stood in the background, doesn't seem to approve it and seems to know Jared more than he admits. They both try to hide something and Lorelei is determinded to find out what that is.

I want to keep this review short. I guess I won't be able to help people to tell if they should buy and read Death And The Girl Next Door or not. I can tell you it's worth it. The story is great, the romance is great, it's such a good novel. I loved it. I want to read the second one right now!

First off, the writing was beautiful. Words weren't used too often and it was really thrilling and exciting too. Happens not nearly often enough in other books. So plus point for Death And The Girl Next Door. The characters appeared real and also not too imature, which can happen quite fast when you write young adult books. Of course I loved Jared and Cameron, though Cameron could have been a little more friendly, I think. I wish he would have confessed his love for Lorelei already, but then again I think that this couple is never going to happen in the series. Always want the couple you can't have.

Glitch was so funny, and Darynda made so hilarious dialogues. They were so awesome when they included Glitch. I had to laugh so many times. I've got to admit, that I kinda of disliked Lorelei's best friend Brooke though. I don't know what it is, maybe because I assume something's going to happen between her and Cameron (I hope not!). She just wasn't a character that I prefer.

So, I think I read too much angel stuff lately. Makes me tired. It has absolutely nothing to do with the book, it was very good, but I think I'll just go back to read realistic fiction for a while again. Or at least paranormal books without angels and hell and heaven and all that.

I recommend it to everyone who likes paranormal stuff with angels and secrets that the heroine wants to find out. If you search for some exciting read, a story that makes you forget that you had something in the oven or that you had an appointment (I'm trying to say if you search for a novel that makes you forget about the world for a second), then you should totally pick this one up.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen