Dienstag, 15. Januar 2013

There's No Light In Darkness (Darkness #01) - Claire Contreras

Title: There's No Light In Darkness (Darkness #01)
Author: Claire Contreras
Rating: 3 - 3.5/5

Blake's life is full of mystery. First her parents suffer a mysterious death and now she seems to remember more and more about her past. She decides to find out what really happened twenty-one years ago. Just as her journey begins, she has to decide if she really wants to risk to find out the truth, if her loved ones may pay for it.

I started this in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep. I ended up awake for some time, though I didn't read this in one session. Maybe it was the night, but I liked the start very, very much. I thought: "Yes, finally another book that hooks me right from the start." I'm sad to say that they story faded a little during the middle and end.

While I enjoyed reading about the romance between Blake and Cole in the beginning, it kind of annoyed me later on. Simply because it was all this book was about. I wanted it to be focused on the crime. I wanted to feel horrified, but I didn't. The breaking in scene fools you. You think that there will be some action, but there won't. Cole will come around the corner and everything will be about the two of them hooking up again.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Cole! He is everything you desire in a bad boy for a book. But sometimes he was too soft and too loving and I don't really know. As I said - I liked the start, I didn't like how the story turned out.

I'm really out of words. This book is still cofusing me and I don't know what to think of it. Well, I do know, but I'm still not sure whether the points I liked overweight or not. I liked it, and I am very glad the beginning was what it was, 'cause otherwise, I would have seen this book as a typical let's-hook-up-and-break-up-until-we-make-up-again read. And let's face it, we've all had enough of that.

So thank you Claire, for creating the story. I hope to read more crime in the second Darkness book. I look forward to it. And I love the cover for There's No Light In Darkness. (Though I might have seen the original picture somewhere on Tumblr before). I will not give up on the series, and though you may get the impression that I didn't like it, you are wrong. I liked it. It's just not my favourite book ever, but that's fair to say, I guess.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen