Sonntag, 26. Januar 2014

Knowing Jack - Rachel Curtis

Title: Knowing Jack
Author: Rachel Curtis
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGallery and Rachel Curtis for giving me the chance to read this book before most do.

Ever since Chloe had an affair with her professor, she gets bullied by other students and also a threat. Her parents decide that it's best for her to get a bodyguard. And that's when Jack comes into view - someone who struggles with his own demons and should know better than to fall for Chloe.

Alright... What kind of ending is that? Did I get the whole copy of this book? I doubt it. "What?" can't be the official ending. It just can't. Please tell me it's not.

When I read the blurb I thought about one of my favourite kind of romances in books: A teacher-student thing. I knew all along that the story wouldn't lead to a relationship between the professor and the main character, but I wanted to know more about their past affair. What did we get? A lousy scene. I'm sorry for my choice of words. It wasn't lousy written or anything, but it was far too less. I wanted more!

However, I loved Jack. How can you not? He is everything you're looking for in the typical-book-boyfriend department. Let me have him, but then again he seemed too nice at some points. I need more flaws. I like to think that Jack wasn't all perfect aswell. I can live with that.
"I can't help but remember all the reasons why I've always been so sure I can't be with her.
I'm her bodyguard. It's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed."
Also, the story itself really had me going. It was something different. You don't read about bodyguards that often. To be honest, I only read about this kind of story once and that was in Overprotected which I absolutely loved, by the way (and should re-read someday soon). I want to read more stories about bodyguards and their subjects of protection. Young adult, new adult, I don't care as long as it's not cheesy adult romance. Ugh.

I don't regret reading this book. I enjoyed it. As I got closer to the final, I felt disappointed though. The story seemed rushed at some point, and that's quite impossible with a story so short already. I'm glad I found this book though. I long for more stories like this and I really liked the writing. Not cheesy at all.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen