Samstag, 3. Mai 2014

Fall With Me - Julie Particka

Title: Fall With Me
Author: Julie Patricka
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGallery and Entangled Publishing (Embrace) for giving me a chance to read this before the official release.

In the game of love…

Dumped by her college boyfriend for her best friend, the last thing Jenna Brandt needs to deal with is working beside her backstabbing-BFF's hotter-than-hot brother. But when he offers her a chance to get some revenge on her ex, she can hardly say no--even if spending more time with Sutton puts her heart in jeopardy all over again.

Someone's going to get hurt…

Sutton Bell has had a thing for Jenna since they were in high school, but after one screwed-up night, she didn’t want anything to do with him. Now, with just the summer before he leaves to begin his new career, Sutton’s determined to convince Jenna he’s not the player he used to be. But saving his sister from making an awful mistake may mean losing Jenna for good.

Fall With Me is a book which story has been turned into a dozen movies already. Girl's boyfriend cheats with the girl's best friend, girl hates both, girl flls for ex-best friend's brother, he convinces the girl to forgive. In order to be different from those movies, your book has to be something special.

At first I thought Julie created something awesome here. I'm not saying she didn't. She can be proud of her work. It just didn't do it for me. Onc Jenna and Sutton figured there was chemistry between them (happen pretty fast), the book lost its appeal.

Taking revenge on your ex seems childish. Wanting to protect your sister isn't, but Sutton did this the wrong way.

I'm keeping the review short. I'm sorry it didn't blow me away like I hoped it would. This has absolutely nothing to do with the author or her writing. The writing was pretty good actually. I also don't regret reading it or thnk of it as a waste of time. No. Maybe if there was a prequel to it, I would have enjoyed it more. I don't know.

Recommending this to New Adult readers, wanting to try some New Adult meets Adult fiction.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen