Samstag, 12. März 2016

Anything More Than Now (Sutton College #02) - Rebecca Paula

Title: Anything More Than Now (Sutton College #02)
Author: Rebecca Paula
Rating: 2.5/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Xpresso Book Tours for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
Reagan Landry is months away from college graduation, but instead of excitement, she's frozen by the fear of letting go — of her ex-boyfriend, of the comfortable life she created for herself in Portland, of the years-long search for her older sister who abandoned her as a homeless teen. When she’s finally forced to decide what's next, Reagan is met with another complication — her ex’s best friend, Noah Burke, who seems determined that she embraces what could be instead of what has been.

Drunkenly hooking up with his best friend’s ex, Reagan, is a mistake, but being secretly in love with her is so much worse when things seem one-sided. A disenchanted frat boy about to fail out of college, Noah has been living out someone else’s dream after a horrible accident five years earlier. Just when he thinks he's lost any chance he has with Reagan, she surprises him by agreeing to spend the summer together at his family's ranch in Montana.

And suddenly what started out as a complication between them becomes serious...until the past starts ripping apart their future.

Anything More Than Now is a good book. That's what I thought in the beginning. I haven't read the first one in the series (being totally clueless that this was the second one) and so sometimes I felt like I didn't understand Reagan's motives. I wonder if the first book in the series (though it's about her ex-boyfriend and not her) gave a better view of her. I think this whole searching for her sister came a little short. And where was the money suddenly from? I read the book and I still didn't understand everything. Also, in the beginning she seemed fine and then suddenly it was like I was reading from a stranger's point of view. I had the feeling she was ill. Mentally, I mean. And depressed, too. Her actions were questionable and when Noah's point of view was up, she was a whole different person. It was confusing.

So, Noah... Well, he is a real cutie! During the prologue, I guessed he was a nerd or something. But that's not the case. So his story was a bit better, I think. Still, he always insisted Reagan imagined her boyfriend while they made out and it somehow got boring. Same as him saying he ruined everything or something like this. He always gave a glimpse of his huge secret and them boom! Nothing else. The same sentence was used endless times. And by the second time, I already knew what had happened to him in his past.

So, yeah. I focused on the bad things as you can see. Sometimes, the author would do a time jump and I wouldn't understand why. I mean, the views of the past - alright, I get those. But then sometimes a chapter ended and the next one was set at a different time, a few months ahead.

I am sorry. Again. I don't mean to sound rude or anything like that. I really tried to like this book and it had potential. It so definitely had that. And in the beginning I was blown away, I liked the characters and it was all cute. But the more pages I left behind, the more confused I got and I didn't like the story anymore. That's all there is to say for me. I'm still thinking of this as a 2.5 read. I wish I would have liked it better.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen