Dienstag, 8. März 2016

Pivotal Moments - Trinity Hanrahan

Title: Pivotal Moments
Author: Trinity Hanrahan
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Limitless Publishing for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
A senior in high school, introvert Aislinn Munroe is satisfied living unnoticed...

Aislinn is doing the normal post-high school preparations to get into college. She’s getting ready for a life beyond senior year, and wonders where she’ll fit in to the world once she’s officially an adult. Though her curves are to kill for, she’s also smart and funny. However, she isn’t at all popular, which is just fine with her.

Aislinn’s introverted ways are about to be put to the test...

Content with hiding from the limelight, Aislinn doesn’t get bullied like so many other shy kids do—that is, as long as she keeps to herself. But is she really living the life she’s meant to? Or are there unforeseen adventures waiting to shake up her life in the near future?

When her brother comes home from college, he brings an unexpected houseguest…

Teagan Aldridge is a reformed party animal, ladies’ man, and bad boy. He’s the last person Aislinn thought would ever show her attention. But when Aislinn and Teagan become unlikely friends, he brings out a side of herself she never knew existed. She already knows she’s special, but sexy and adventurous? That’s a first.

Are their personalities too far apart, or will opposites attract, making them an unusual, but influential pair? When their vast differences collide, Aislinn is led to some unexpected...

There's something about these 'falling in love with the brother's best friend' novels that I love. And Teagan was such a great guy, I couldn't help but love him. However, his and Aislinn's relationship didn't feel real to me. He was too nice, felt things way too soon (that goes both ways - seriously, two days and they are madly in love? Uhm, nope...) and on and on... Also, the romantic scenes were written the same. As in always. "He deepened the kiss." I read this every single time they kissed. Every time. "When we had to come up for air", alright not always these exact words, but the meaning was always the same, too. I couldn't bear it after a while.

That doesn't mean I disliked the book. It has potential and to be honest, this is something totally similar to my own writing style when it comes to novels. So, of course I can't say it was a bad book, that would mean I dislike my own writing and though self doubts are a topic for me, I don't dislike my books, neither did I dislike Pivotal Moments.

In fact, I actually really enjoyed reading about Zver, Teagan's dog, and that's saying something. Animals in books aren't my thing, usually. Then again, there was Aislinn's best friend Penny, who I liked the beginning and then hated (though I'd love to read about her story). I would have liked to read more about Aislinn's mom, not about their conversations but about her life went on.

Also, what about all those people Tracey - cheerleader and mean bully - bullied? I mean, I liked Aislinn for defending a girl when she was helpless, but we didn't read about that. The book starts by her mother confronting her about it since the school called. And I didn't fully understand Brody's motives, but then again that probably makes sense. He was a jerk.

Though Teagan was introduced as a bad boy, he didn't seem like it. Connor - Aislinn's brother - seemed lie a bad boy. A big one (oh, please. Let there be a book about him!). But that was it about it. I like the innocent girl - bad boy romances, but he seriously was no bad boy to me. And if he had been a real bad boy, well.... Let's just say it wasn't realistic that he changed for Aislinn that fast (within two days. I repeat - TWO DAYS!). Their story went waaaay too fast. Other than that, it was just the kind of love story I enjoy.

Oh, I almost forgot - I missed some deep topic. I think Aislinn's problem with opening up was supposed to be the lead role in this book, but it didn't work. I was annoyed as hell by her. She'd never say what's on her mind and Teagan would ask a thousand times. Sorry, but I know zero guys with patience like his. And... That's what I originally intended to say: We found out about Teagan's brother, but we didn't once get introduced. I was sad about this. That also counts for the rest of his family. I'd have loved to read about them - about how they dealt with their past and whether they liked Aislinn or not. Just a bit more depth - I really missed that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen