Sonntag, 22. Mai 2016

The One We Fell In Love With - Paige Toon

Title: The One We Fell In Love With
Author: Paige Toon
Rating: 4.5/5
Phoebe is caught between a rock and a hard place. Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion?

Eliza is in love with someone who is no longer hers. In fact, he probably never was… And her dream of becoming a musician seems to be spiralling down the drain.

Rose is out of a job and out of a boyfriend. To make matters worse, she’s been forced to move back in with her mother…

But these very different girls have one thing in common. Angus. The one they fell in love with...
Paige knows how much I love her books (and I hope she isn't annoyed by me yet). I shouldn't have to point it out anymore, should I? Well, I don't really care. Here you go: I absolutely love Paige's books. She's one of my very favourite authors (she's probably even my very, very, very fave!). One of her previous books called Pictures of Lily is my ultimate favourite book ever. And ever since I randomly picked up Johnny Be Good in 2012, I call myself a huge fan of Paige. She's awesome. And super kind. I'm so glad to have met her twice now. She's a sweetheart. Thanks again for taking time to talk to me, Paige!

Alright, so that's the reason I decided to write a review for The One We Fell In Love With. I usually only review books I receive on NetGalley lately, simply because I need too much time to read and review these days, so I can't do it with all the books, though I'd like to very much.

So, I'm scared some people won't give this book a chance because they think it's some kind of love triangle and yeah, we all know that gets old (not for me, but oh well...). Believe me when I say the story will hold a lot of surprises you won't expect. Pleasant surprises and one of them is called Toby and he is the sweetest male character I have ever come across with. Though Pictures of Lily will always be my favourite book, I think Toby is my favourite character now, which makes The One We Fell In Love With be my second favourite book by Paige.

I'm so afraid to give away any kind of spoilers by telling anything about the story. Which is why I won't. And I'll probably won't be taken seriously as a blogger now, but I can't risk saying too much. You'll have to read the book by yourself. I'll tell you one thing, once I got to #ThatPart I was shocked to see how many more pages the book had. For a second, I thought like: "Wait, what else can possibly happen now?" I almost feared '#AnotherPart' - haha - but luckily, your heart will only be damaged once. Or maybe twice. Tops.

Paige Toon warned us to read this slowly, not too fast. But how is that possible? Paige, you shouldn't write amazing books if you want us readers to not finish your books within a few hours or a few days. No offense! haha. So, at first I tried to read only three chapters and put it aside then, but on Thursday I couldn't take it anymore and read 3/4 of the book, which was the rest. And I cried. And I laughed. And I fell in love (with Toby, of course). All these reviews promise pretty things, and I didn't get disappointed.

Oh, and please excuse me for cheering for Toby only. Angus is the one person everyone focuses on, I guess that's what made me fall for Toby so hard. There wasn't much of a competition, haha. Anyway, Angus is one fine gentleman too. He has his weird moments, but those were mainly when he was a teenager. You'll know what I mean when you read the prologue. That short chapter makes you understand what I mean. By the way, did you know that you can read the first three chapters on iBooks? If you haven't decided whether to buy the book yet, feel free to check if those chapters are still available.

I'm having second thoughts about my review. Is it helpful? Am I being too much of a fangirl? Did I write it too quick and got my English all messed up? Yeah, the latter's most likely right. However, one last thing before I let you go and finally buy The One We Fell In Love With. After I finished the book, I listened to some music on my iPod and found four songs that fitted the story just right. At least that's the way I saw it. So, the song in the video is called Seperate by Meg & Dia. Funny how many Meg & Dia songs apply here.





Darleen's playlist for The One We Fell In Love With: (more titles might be added)
Meg & Dia - Seperate
Meg & Dia - Going Away
Tyler Hilton - I Believe In You
Meg & Dia - The One

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen