Freitag, 18. November 2016

The Two-Night One-Night Stand - Ryan Ringbloom

Title: Two-Night One-Night Stand
Author: Ryan Ringbloom
Rating: 3.5 - 4/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Xpresso Book Tours for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
A girl. A guy. And a talking peen.

Holly Martin isn't the type to have a one-night stand. But a crushing break up, a sexy blind date, and a few shots of Fireball is about to change all that.

Matthew Daniels is an introverted PA who claims he’s too busy to date. But that doesn’t stop his older brothers from encouraging him to let loose and get out there, because as they put it - the right girl won’t just walk up to you.

But what if she does?

Is it possible for a one-night stand that happens twice, to actually become more? Could two nights of reckless debauchery actually lead to true love? Or is this just another case of a whisky induced disaster?

Normally, I refuse to read books that include adult characters with a job. I am more of a young adult or new adult reader, porbably because of my age. However, Two-Night One-Night Stand was rated as new adult, which is why I requested it in the first place. And wow, I am so glad it was rated that way or else I would have missed a damn good novel.

It's one of the funniest books I have ever written. The author did an amazing job at that. Some jokes were obvious, others weren't and you had to think twice, which was fun. The illustrations at the beginning of each chapter did their job just fine... They were hilarious and made you laugh out loud. I adored these!

Back to the original story... Holly is supposed to be matched up with one of her friend's brother at a bar. Until he shows up, she decides to get a couple of drinks. And when he finally shows up, she's more loosened up than in a while. Only the guy she talks to isn't the one she thinks he is and the guy - Matthew - doesn't bother explaining the situation. Instead, he lets Holly think she's Nick - the guy she's supposed to meet. That leads to a lot of drama, a lot of problems, a lot of hilarious scenes and more than once you'll want to slap both characters.

Oh, I wanted to beat Holly up. Like, real bad. She wasn't my most favourite character in the beginning of the book and after a while she was just plain annoying. While Matthew was such a cutie, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him though he made a mistake in the first place. But compared to Holly's 24/7 complaining about everything, telling herself she is a bitch (I couldn't agree more, by the way!) and then seeing herself as a victim again (and going around in circles forever), he was the better character. And even though I am the one complaining about Holly now, I wouldn't have wanted her to be any different or else I might have not liked the novel as much as I did.

To be honest, the plot left me hanging around the end of the book. I didn't like the scenes or the settings as much as in the beginning, but that's probably because it got more serious and the characters wouldn't have appeared that way cranking one joke after another.

All in all, I enjoyed the story so much. The idea was fabulous and the written thing was a lot better than other, similar books. After reading a lot of emotional and dramatic novels, this was something refreshing that I can definitely recommend to anyone looking for a little fun with still enough romance included.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen