Dienstag, 4. Juli 2017

Tied Up In You (All Laced Up #02) - Erin Fletcher

Title: Tied Up In You (All Laced Up #02)
Author: Erin Fletcher
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
Everyone says hotshot goalie Luke Jackson is God’s gift to girls, but the only girl he wants is his best friend, Malina Hall. He’s always known how brilliant she is, but now that he’s “ accidentally” kissed her, he can’t stop thinking about her...or wanting to kiss her again.

Problem is, things have been a little...awkward since the kiss. Because she likes him, too? Hopefully, but even if she did, their futures—and the ridiculous schedules that come with them—are in the way. And now one of his teammates is showing interest, and the guy has more in common with Malina than Jackson ever will.

As her best friend, Jackson should get out of the way. But if there’s one thing he’s learned from hockey, it’s that you have to go for what you want, even if it means falling flat on your face. And he’s definitely falling for Malina.

This has got to be one of the sweetest stories ever. I saw so much potential and was left hanging when the story didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be and appeared to be more ordinary than I originally hoped. On the other hand, that's the good thing about Entangled Crush publishing - the authors never take a risk of creating adventurous scenes. It's always very light and sweet. So, chances are likely you'll find yourself swooning over a very charming guy and wanting to be the female's best friend.

I found it refreshing that the characters' miscommunication didn't last through the whole book. That would have been very annoying. But since the two are best friends, I think it's easier for them to get over things and talk about them. That's also something I liked. While there weren't exactly flashbacks, you could still read about the past time Jackson and Malina spend together - how they became best friends and what connects them. I liked their friendship very much and the first chapters were my favorites, by far. I'm usually very picky when it comes to friends-to-lovers kind of novels, but if it's as sweet as this one, then I'm all in.

And... The characters were smart. I was super impressed by Malina's project and her dreams. Though the novel focuses on the romance between Jackson and Malina, they still had other problems to deal with. Sometimes, I want to read more about these problems, but if so, then these reads are heavier, more mature. I'm glad the author wrote about Malina and Jackson's problems the way she did. They didn't outweight the story, it wouldn't have been right for the story. But the characters didn't have it easy, and I think that's important, because otherwise it would have been too light and too dreamy.

Hockey isn't something I read about every day and unfortunately, most YA novels are about football players or even soccer players now. Hardly any novel is about ice hockey players or baseball players. That's why I was glad to find that sport in Tied Up In You. True, there aren't many sport scenes in there, but you still got a glimpse of how hard it is to become a professional in this sport. It's Jackson's passion and he goes for it. Same with Malina and her astrophysics project and her dream of studying exactly that, although it takes her a bit more time to figure that out.

I've got a question: What's up with the grandmas? I can't even say why I dislike the ever returning grandmothers that are the only understanding adults in the books, but I do. I always want to skip these parts of the story. Why not an understanding parent? Why not an understanding sibling? Why is always the grandmother? They can be mean, too, you know?! But somehow, they never are. I think that's odd. I mean, good for the characters, but I wish some more people had faith in them but their own grandmothers. Doesn't matter how adorable Tutu is in Tied Up In You.

Any fan of a light romance that can be read within a few hours, should give this one a chance.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen