Montag, 6. November 2017

Saving It - Monica Murphy

Title: Saving It
Author: Monica Murphy
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for letting me receive a digital copy of this book before its official release.
Eden: Josh Evans and I have been best friends forever. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. So when he randomly asks me to help him lose his virginity, I sort of flip out. That’s a question that sends your mind to places you’ve seriously never considered before. Like, you know. Having sex. With your best friend. Except Josh doesn’t want to have sex with me—he wants me to help him find a girl. A nice girl who’s funny and smart and cute. Except he already knows a girl just like that...

Josh: Eden Sumner is my best friend. So of course she’d be the person to help me find my perfect match, so I can drop my V card before I head off to college. Except the more we search, the more I realize that maybe the right girl has been by my side all along. I don’t need Eden’s help in finding me a girl to love. I’m pretty sure I’m already in love with Eden. But now she thinks I’m only after one thing... with anyone but her.

I didn't even think about it when I pressed the "request" button for this one. It's a Monica Murphy book and I adore her. What more can I say?! With Daring The Bad Boy being one of my ultimate favourites of all time, I didn't hesitate when I saw Saving It up on NetGalley. And though I didn't love it as much, I still enjoyed reading it.

Sure enough, the story isn't extraordinary. But the way the author tells the story is. I love her humor and her ideas. You can definitely tell the difference between her Entangled books and the ones she publishes through different houses. With this publisher, Monica Murphy's books are lighter, there are more funny scenes in it and it's all much more young adult. But she's an expert at both genres, I'd say - young adult and new adult. I like both her styles very much.

Eden and Josh are about the cutest characters I've come across. There are lots of other authors trying to capture friendships the right way, telling a story so similar like this, but only a few actually manage to get the reader excited about it. I definitely was excited about this book. I had a hard time putting it down in order to have dinner or go out. The world of the two characters always had me want to dive into it again and again. They are best friends, though everyone else seems to always assume they're a couple in secret. And despite Josh always having been a relationship guy, he's still a virgin. He plans on changing that really soon, though. And Eden is the one he asks for help. Not in that way, but he wants her to come up with girls he could lose his virginity to. Oh my, what a bad idea, I thought. I already saw the whole plot going downhill, but luckily, I got surprised and still liked the book.

Safe to say, in the end I thought things were a little rushed. Maybe there are readers out there who will feel the same. And maybe that's why my rating suffered a bit. That and yes, it's a story you've read about a million times, as I said before. No matter how many times I say Monica did a fabulous job and I enjoyed her way of telling this plot more than anyone else's, it's still nothing new. But... While I usually have a problem with the main characters' friends, I adored Molly and Abe somehow. Probably not so much as a couple (who knows?! If they got their own book then maybe...), but as their best mates. I didn't quite understand Abe's motives concerning Eden, but that's a different story. And those girls Josh went after... Oh my. I can't believe there wasn't a single normal one, haha. On the other hand, there couldn't be, since there's Eden.

If you're looking for a sweet romance, best friends to lovers, then I suggest you read this one. Also if you're already a Monica Murphy fan and if you trust my review enough to give it a chance.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen